Our Communications team takes great care to manage the corporate reputation of our company communicating the work we do to improve lives, aiming to build trust through transforming employees into ambassadors of the values of our Company. We offer long-term career opportunities in a company which values innovation, efficiency, diversity and respect. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us. Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
To create and execute the internal and external communications strategy for the company within the Swiss Organization we are currently looking for an engaged Communications Manager (m/f/d) to join us in our subsidiary in Global Human Health based in Lucerne (part-time 80% FTE, indefinite).
On this role, you will conceptualize and coordinate new initiatives and projects which enhance the corporate reputation of the company.
THE PRIMARY ACTIVITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Planning and execution of internal and external communications such as internal news, press releases, Q&As and web content.
- Coordination of media inquiries with the respective functions.
- Ensure executional excellence for all communications measures in line with our branding, corporate identity/guidelines and global strategy.
- Writing, storytelling, copywriting, translation coordination, proofreading, approval for printing for publication via various corporate channels.
- Coordination and organization of updates of corporate information materials (flyers, factsheets, brochures, advertisements, hand-outs, inlays, company presentations, visualizations etc.) and creation of new materials as needed.
- Contribution to further develop our communications strategy according to strategy decisions of the Swiss Leadership Team and overseeing its implementation.
- Delivery of comprehensive internal communication plans that drive employee engagement. Content creation for the intranet to establish a fresh, innovative and real-time communication across the organization.
- Design and Implementation of new ways of internal communication and internal employee events (Townhalls, Lunch & Learn, etc.).
- Communicative support for product launches and product support along the life cycle.
- Foster a positive and inclusive teamwork spirit among internal colleagues by contributing to a workplace culture in line with our values and principles
- University degree in Communications, Business, Journalism or relevant discipline preferred.
- Smart, unconventional, fresh and crisp way of written communication. Excellent writing skills.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in media, public affairs, public relations or corporate communication.
- Proven ability to summarize complex issues to the quintessence.
- Excellent planning and project management skills with hands-on and can-do attitude.
- Creativity and curiosity with a drive for finding solutions in difficult situations. Celerity in collecting information by asking the right questions and drawing the right conclusions.
- Outgoing, curious and efficient personality. Likes to work in a team, but shows high level of initiative and independence at the same time.
- Resiliency and ability to work with significant time constraints in a dynamic, demanding environment.
- Customer, service and – satisfaction oriented. A reliable and trustful partner internally and externally with high quality and ethical standards.
- Proficient English and German knowledge, both written and spoken, are necessary for internal and external communication.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide. Our company will inspire you to aim high with your ambition…where you can build bridges all over the world…where you can power ideas that drive change…and where you will act fast and drive results for our customers and patients. Power your future and join our team!
Our company has had a presence in Switzerland since 1963. With a regional office and manufacturing/packaging facility, Lucerne is considered the center of operations. Approximately 1,000 people work collaboratively at the four Lucerne locations (Weystrasse, Citybay, Schachen and Kriens). A fifth location has been recently established in Zurich, aimed at accelerating the development and commercialization of many of our company’s medicines and vaccines, which supports our mission to save and improve lives around the world. The new location has a target date of 2021 for operational readiness.
We are proud to be certified as a “Top Employer Switzerland” and “Top Employer Europe” showing the company’s commitment to our employees and the community around us.
The Switzerland Head Office of MSD Merck Sharp & Dohme AG is based in Lucerne’s city centre. Located in the heart of the city, employees work collaboratively across many departments including commercial, market access, medical affairs, clinical research, regulatory affairs, and policy & communications.
WHO WE ARE …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively for the common good. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.