Internal community-engagement specialist (m/f/d)
University Bern seeks
Internal community-engagement specialist (m/f/d) 70%
UniBE International is the department responsible for implementing internationalisation measures at the University of Bern.
It is seeking to recruit an experienced internal community-engagement specialist to start in January 2021 or by arrangement. The specialist will focus on internal communication about internationalisation targeted at researchers.
Reporting to the External Relations Manager, the specialist’s responsibilities will include:
- Building communities of current and former researchers to ensure that they are regularly informed about internationalisation measures and opportunities at UniBE, including those offered by membership of The Guild of European Research-Intensive Universities;
- Organising digital and physical events and generating content for multiple communication channels, such as social media, newsletters and webpages, among others, to improve internal outreach;
- Rolling out technical solutions to support, track and analyse implementation, including database and knowledge management and data analytics;
- Keeping up to date with research news and related developments, as well as with relevant trends in digital marketing and best practices in marketing and/or communications.
The ideal candidate has relevant experience in:
- Marketing (and/or communications) particularly in community engagement with demonstrable impact;
- Creating, publishing and distributing content across the digital board, including newsletters and websites;
- Event management.
Candidates likely to be shortlisted:
- Are highly skilled in the English language to native level with good writing and editing skills;
- Have good knowledge of digital marketing (and/or communications) solutions, metrics, analytics, monitoring and evaluation;
- Ideally have good German skills (B2); any other languages a plus;
- Are likely to have worked with researchers and able to genuinely connect with people from all backgrounds in the university ecosystem and beyond;
- Are educated preferably to degree standard; professional qualifications in marketing and/or communications are desirable;
- Possess a meticulous eye for detail, research and planning skills and are well organised;
- Work well under pressure and deliver on time and within scope.
To apply, please send your CV (including contact details of two professional references), cover letter and recent work samples (PDF only) by October 28, 2020. Apply here
Questions about the position can be addressed to: Faryal Mirza, External Relations Manager, UniBE International, (email@example.com).
The contract is initially limited to two years with a possibility of extension.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.ch in your application!