Partnership Manager 80 % (m/f/d)
Plan International Schweiz is looking for a
Partnership Manager 80 % (m/f/d)
Plan International Switzerland is an independent development and humanitarian organization working to advance girls’ rights and gender equality. Embedded in the global Plan International Federation, Plan International Switzerland founded in 2006 strives to further grow its operations in Switzerland. Our programs create the conditions for adolescent girls and young adults to be protected, educated and economically empowered. We aim at unlocking potential to create a gender equal world. To achieve this objective, we actively work in communities in more than 75 countries. Plan International Switzerland is fully committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people from all forms of violence.
To help us attract and retain major Swiss donors (in particular foundations and corporates), we are looking for a Partnership Manager (80%) based at our Zürich office from June 1, 2021 or per agreement. The initial contract is for 2 years, with the possibility of extension.
Within a growing team of 15 passionate people, you will work in a Partnerships team of 3 people. As a Partnership Manager, you will be the key liaison between the program implementation and our partners, with the aim to maximize our impact on children – especially for girls, by securing income and building strategic partnerships. You will work closely with the program- and the communication teams in order to provide high quality proposals and reports to our donors. Specific responsibilities include:
- Strategic support to the Head of Partnerships in building our yearly revenue growth strategy
- Actively participating in the implementation of the revenue growth strategy
- Professional relationship management with existing foundations and corporates and ensure their long-term engagement, support and income
- Pro-actively scoping and researching income opportunities of new Swiss foundations and corporates (potential of >70k on yearly basis) and securing their income
- Working closely with the program team (in Switzerland and/or in other Plan International offices) to identify the best matching programs for prospects and existing partners
- Developing high quality and successful funding proposals that are in line with organizational priorities and procedures and with donor’s requirements and wishes
- Preparing and developing high quality reports in alignment with the donor’s requirements and wishes, in close collaboration with the program department
- Support in due diligence process and other administrative tasks related to grant- and partnership management
You are a team player that works independently and is fluent in German and/or French, and English. You enjoy working in a dynamic and international environment. You have a very good knowledge of the non-profit sector and you have at least 3 years’ experience in one of the following fields: grants management, partner/client management, fundraising, business development.
Ideally, you have the following skills:
- Master’s degree in development work, economics or related field
- Proven experience (>2 years) in fundraising within the non-profit sector, preferably in major donor fundraising
- Proven experience in successful proposal writing and finalizing reports
- Preferable knowledge of program design and implementation
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Very good analytical, writing and organizational skills
- Ability to perform in a cross-functional team approach
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Advanced formatting skills in MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a team of passionate people please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before April 11, 2021. For questions, please contact Hillechien van der Klaauw, Head of Partnerships, 044 288 90 51.
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
- We promote a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- We holds ourselves and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- We are consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- We are open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- We are accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
- We articulate a clear purpose for staff and set high expectations.
- We create a climate of continuous improvement, are open to challenge and new ideas.
- We focus our resources on driving change and maximising long-term impact, and are responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Our work is evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- We seek constructive outcomes, listen to others, are willing to compromise when appropriate.
- We build constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- We develop trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- We engage and work well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
Child Protection and Gender Equality & Inclusion
As employee of Plan International you ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.ch in your application!