Strategic Partnerships Manager (m/f/d)
Switzerland for UNHCR seeks
Strategic Partnerships Manager (m/f/d)
Contract Type: 100% permanent position
Place of work: Geneva, or based in other Swiss locality with frequent presence in Geneva
Starting date: As soon as possible
About Switzerland for UNHCR, the Swiss Foundation for UNHCR
UNHCR, the United Nations Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting the rights of refugees and building a better future for the millions of people forced to flee their homes.
Since 1950, UNHCR has responded to multiple crises on different continents and has provided vital assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced and stateless people, many of whom have nowhere else to turn. Its work was aimed at ensuring their rights, protection and assistance, preserving their dignity and well-being.
UNHCR has set up a foundation under Swiss law, headquartered in Geneva, which shall:
- Raise funds from individuals, from the private sector as well as from the cantons and communes in Switzerland and Liechtenstein in support to UNHCR’s protection and assistance programmes worldwide
- Raise awareness within civil society in Switzerland and Liechtenstein about the situation and needs of refugees and those forced to flee
- Engage in advocacy and activities for refugees and persons of concern for UNHCR, through media and social media campaigns, public speaking and the commissioning of research in order to facilitate civic engagement and fundraising.
The Foundation is currently looking for a Strategic Partnerships Manager to mobilize critical resources from major donors and align Switzerland for UNHCR (CH4U)’s strengths, initiatives and priorities with fundraising opportunities and donor intentions, and will play a key role in positioning CH4U on the leading edge in a concerted effort to increase fundraising and collaborations.
We are seeking a dynamic, versatile and proactive team player, with a strong interest in a strong non-profit brand and refugee issues. The incumbent, in her/his capacity as Senior Manager, will take the leadership in implementing the strategic fundraising plan across CH4U for Strategic Partnerships to reach ambitious goals in the major donors’ segment. This encompasses major gifts from foundations, wealthy philanthropists, companies and local authorities. The incumbent will be also responsible for an effective execution of fundraising action plans and her/his primary responsibility will be to advance CH4U’s planned gifts program to successfully identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift prospects and donors.
She/he will devise, implement, and manage effective, creative strategies designed to individually and systematically interest, engage, and secure a wide range of key prospects to meet or exceed departmental and organizational funding goals. The role will combine direct reach-out to prospects (approx. 70% and team management 30%).
Scope of the Assignment
- Oversee development and fundraising activities for PPH, including grant proposals, researching foundations and corporations funding prospects, coordinating ambitious asks with key stakeholders within UNHCR and overseeing fundraising strategies implementation;
- Manage the Strategic Partnership team in the well accomplishment of their objectives (hard KPI targets as well as collective performance and continuous growth objectives);
- Represent CH4U at high‐level meetings and conferences on philanthropy, humanitarian action and other public occasions;
- Explore and research innovative funding models/practices to diversify CH4Uʹs funding pipeline;
- Collaborates closely with the Executive Director and the board of trustees in implementing plans for ambitious goals involving the leadership;
- Cooperate actively in cross-unit projects (e.g. innovative finance, shared value partnerships)
- Provide expert advice on the creation of promotional materials and marketing efforts that raise visibility and support for CH4U;
- Liaise actively with Strategic Partnerships Team in Copenhagen
- Engage existing PPH donors by keeping them informed of progress of funded programs;
- Gauge prospective donorsʹ interest in the refugee cause and develop individualized cultivation strategies;
- Design and implement a donor support strategy and a tool kit for investing in CH4U and more broadly in the refugee cause;
- Serve as a resource for prospective donors;
- Conduct in person and virtual meetings with key stakeholders as needed;
- Coordinate public relations with the Communications Function.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, professional, results-oriented individual, with a proven experience in major donor fundraising. She / He should be at ease evolving in startup mode in a growing organization.
- University degree in economics, business administration, political science or similar;
- 10+ years of experience managing fundraising operations;
- 10+ years of experience in building solid partnerships with wealthy philanthropists, Companies, foundations and other potential donors;
- Strong resource mobilization and major gift solicitation experience;
- 8+ years of supervisory experience, strong organizational and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and multicultural environment with strong soft skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as a team player and have strong team-building skills;
- Strong knowledge of the not-for-profit landscape in Switzerland as well as the corporate and philanthropic sectors both in Switzerland and globally;
- Strong track-record in working with complex multi-layered organizations;
- Solid understanding of the humanitarian, development and sustainability sectors;
- Solid experience in the humanitarian / development field, in UN agencies and/or International NGOs, including at HQ level;
- Proven track record in preparing grant proposals/reporting and formulating ambitious asks (7digits gifts); Solid grasp of different fundraising programs of a large not for profit organization (e.g. Individual Giving, Major Donor, Communication);
- Solid network and knowledge of the private AND the not-for profit sectors in Switzerland;
- Fluent in French, English. German, Swiss-German a strong asset;
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Strong command of CRM databases;
- Proactivity, with excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Detail-oriented, clear and systematic thinking and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills; Structured, thorough approach to work, with a keen ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Ability to manage projects.
Interested candidates can send their cover letter and CV to the Swiss Foundation by email to email@example.com, until February 28th 2021, mentioning the reference: PPH
Only selected candidates will be contacted. The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and proud to make diversity a strength.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.ch in your application!