swisspeace – Schweizerische Friedensstiftung seeks Digital Peacebuilding Expert (m/f/d)
swisspeace is looking for a
Digital Peacebuilding Expert (m/f/d)
swisspeace is a practice and research institute dedicated to advancing effective peacebuilding. It supports and advises local, national, and international actors relevant for peacebuilding, researches topics particularly relevant for peacebuilding practice, provides spaces for exchange and dialogue, and shapes peace policy in Switzerland and globally. swisspeace is an associated institute of the University of Basel.
To grow its work related to digital technologies and peacebuilding, swisspeace is looking for a:
Digital Peacebuilding Expert (80 – 100 %)
Starting date: 1 March 2021 (or by agreement)
swisspeace works to better understand the impact and leverage the positive potential of digital technologies in peacebuilding. This is shown in its active participation in the #CyberMediation Network and the discussions it fosters in the Swiss Platform for Peacebuilding (KOFF) and at the annual Basel Peace Forum. With this new position, swisspeace intends to strengthen its capacities and combine peacebuilding best practices, participatory methodologies, and digital technologies to address emerging challenges in peacebuilding.
- Shape and coordinate swisspeace’s work related to digital technologies, conflict, and peacebuilding
- Advise program teams at swisspeace on the use of digital technology to advance peacebuilding
- Support existing peacebuilding projects with specific digital tools and expertise
- Together with swisspeace’s program teams, develop new practice and applied research projectsconnecting digital technologies with swisspeace’s main areas of work, such as Mediation, Dealing with the Past, Statehood & Conflict, Analysis & Impact, Business & Peace, and Gender
- Support partners from civil society, government, and multilateral institutions on issues related to digital technologies and peacebuilding
- Implement capacity building measures and trainings on digital technologies and peacebuilding
- Aspiration to shape and grow swisspeace’s work on digital technologies, conflict, and peacebuilding
- Excellent knowledge of current trends in digital technologies
- Experience in using digital tools in peacebuilding
- Thorough understanding of how digital technologies can contribute to conflict and how to address such conflict drivers
- Proven competence in advising and coaching stakeholders related to digital technologies
- Strong intercultural, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Track-record of developing, acquiring, and implementing innovative projects
- Masters’ degree in a relevant discipline
- Excellent English language skills, particularly in writing
- Excellent working conditions, flexible office hours and an attractive workplace in the city of Basel
- An inspiring job in an attractive and international field of work with political relevance
- A positive working atmosphere in a dynamic and international institution
We look forward to receiving your complete application in English, including motivation letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas by 7 December 2020.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning ‘Digital Peacebuilding Expert’ in the subject line. More information can be found at www.swisspeace.ch or received via telephone at +41 31 330 12 12.
Bitte vergessen Sie nicht, bei Ihrer Bewerbung politjobs.ch zu erwähnen!